Nursing Education at Teachers College
Nursing Eduction at Teachers College Columbia University began in 1899 when Isabel Hampton Robb was instrumental in establishing the first post-graduate nursing course in Hospital Economics. Later, the program became the Department of Nursing Education. Nurses from throughout the world studied at Teachers College (TC) and earned bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees. The Nursing Education Alumni Association promotes nursing education of the highest quality at TC; supports nursing research initiatives; promotes networking among alumni; recognizes the achievements of alumni; and preserves and communicates the history of NEAA and nursing education at TC. Today, TC offers masters and doctoral prograrms in nursing and has the only program in the United States that offers a doctorate in nursing education (EdD). Click for information about TC online nursing degree and Nurse Program for Nurses.
- NEAA wants to keep you informed and involved.
- Send us your Alumni News
- Read the NEAA online Newsletter Courier (send us your current email address for a hard copy)
- Help us recruit new members and find our alumni
- Attend the Annual Stewart Research Conference for a discounted registration fee
- Participate in the Annual Awards Luncheon
- Nominate a colleague for the McManus Medal, Achievement Awards, and Hall of Fame
- Be eligible for NEAA Awards and Hall of Fame
- Apply for a research cash award
- Participate in social media
- Meet and network with incredible TC alumni